tuning pin bushings too big

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 12:23:20 MDT 2006

Drill some holes in a  plate of steel and pound the
bushings through it to shave off what you don't want.
Leave them fat enough, obviously, to still be tight in
the piano plate.
     Thump

P.S. You might heat the plate steel up red-hot then
spray it with cold water to temper it harder, and cut
better.

--- "Paul Chick (Earthlink)" <tune4 at earthlink.net>