Baldwin model L

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu May 18 19:22:44 MDT 2006

IMHO, Baldwin's long running premium line of pianos (M, R, & L) can be very
nice pianos. Like many manufacturers, they tend to vary a bit, and a lot
depends on the individual piano. Your experience doesn't surprise me at all.
At the other end of the experience scale, I once inspected a new L for a
customer at the dealer and recommended not to purchase it (this particular
one was riddled with manufacturing defects).

One of my favorite pianos to tune is a 100-year-old R (smaller sister to the
L) that resides in a 130-year-old home without air conditioning in Florida.
It is a very sweet piano with tons of soul and very rusty strings.

Terry Farrell