Broken Agraffe

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos at earthlink.net
Fri May 19 00:43:46 MDT 2006

Hi,Avery! Please,don't panic!!!!! Should be simple..If you can set the
Temperament-you should be able to remove the brocken agraffe.Please,check
the archives for more info.

First attempt should be pulling it out with modified screwdriver grinded in
shape of "V' or "Fishtale".It should grab it in 2 points.Remember,while
tapping turn the screwdriver COUNTER-CLOCKWISE.That method works in 94,87%
times.

#2;Try LEFT-HAND drill bit,it drills counter-clockwise,prevents further
jamming of the brocken part and ,usually,brocken part starts to come out
after drill penetrates it at about 1/8" dip.

In extreme cases,when hole threads are damaged.you will have to use
customized plugs.Bob Marinelli at Piano-Tech has them in stock.

Hope it helps..If any problemas-catch me on my cell manyana  at 818-599-9839
and I will try to help you.Best of Luck. Isaac

  _____