Broken Agraffe

Avery avery1 at houston.rr.com
Fri May 19 04:23:06 MDT 2006

Hi Isaac,

Thanks. Not panicking, though. Yet. :-)  I just
wondered about any differences in removal when
the remainder of the stub is down inside the
plate. I'm aware of the methods you mention
except for the plugs from Bob. Thanks for that information.
It's an out of town store and I won't be able to
go until Sunday or Monday. There's also a bunch
of new grands to prep, so it'll be a worthwhile trip.

Regards,
Avery

At 01:43 AM 5/19/2006, you wrote:
>Hi,Avery! Please,don’t panic!!!!! Should be
>simple..If you can set the Temperament-you
>should be able to remove the brocken
>agraffe.Please,check the archives for more info.
>First attempt should be pulling it out with
>modified screwdriver grinded in shape of “V’ or
>“Fishtale”.It should grab it in 2
>points.Remember,while tapping turn the
>screwdriver COUNTER-CLOCKWISE.That method works in 94,87% times.
>#2;Try LEFT-HAND drill bit,it drills
>counter-clockwise,prevents further jamming of
>the brocken part and ,usually,brocken part
>starts to come out after drill penetrates it at about 1/8” dip.
>In extreme cases,when hole threads are
>damaged.you will have to use customized
>plugs.Bob Marinelli at Piano-Tech has them in stock.
>Hope it helps
.If any problemas-catch me on my
>cell manyana  at 818-599-9839 and I will try to help you.Best of Luck
 Isaac