How To Choose an ETD was ... something else

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Sun May 21 04:59:54 MDT 2006

If I remember the start of this thread, someone is learning to tune aurally and wants an inexpensive device to check his progress.
Why not buy the Tuning Exam Source Book which gives nearly 200 pages of information on beginning through very advanced aural tuning techniques?
All of the ETD manufacturers say their machine tunings should be aurally checked and refined.
A beginner who starts relying on an ETD will probably not become a highly skilled aural tuner.
So consider the value of continuing to trust and develop your aural skills.
Ed Sutton