Yet another billing question

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Mon May 22 17:01:29 MDT 2006

Greetings all --

I have a customer with a home studio and for whom I tune their Yamaha C2.
They recently acquired an old Fender Rhodes, a Clavinet and an old Wurlitzer
electric piano. All three are in working order but they need tuning. I have
never tuned any of these but I have done the research and know what the
procedure is, and I'm confident that I can pull this off. But I'm having
trouble deciding how much to charge for the job(s). Less than 88 notes, no
unisons, but I still have to open it up and adjust some sensitive mechanics,
and it's still a job for a tuner. So today's question is: of those of you
who tune electrics, what percentage of your full rate do you charge? Or do
you just charge full rate anyway?

With experience I learn to be less naive. But I'm still glad this list is
here.

-- Geoff Sykes
-- Assoc. Los Angeles