What would you do? Ethical questions.

Byron Quam byronquam at shaw.ca
Tue May 23 09:07:20 MDT 2006

My question for you is why didn't you just tune it at +10. A new piano is
always going to go south so why help it?  If a piano is between 440 and 444
I just tune it where it is (after informing the customer). It'll be closer
to 440 the next time I see it and it will be more stable the less the pitch
is altered. Also, it seems to me that a pitch correction downward is harder
to do and the result less stable than bringing a piano up to 440. But that
may be just me. ;-)