What would you do? Ethical questions.

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Tue May 23 10:28:04 MDT 2006

Mike Kurta wrote:
>     Hi David:
>     That's a tough one, but there are choices here.  The customer's
> big concern seems to be a new piano that is out of tune in a short
> time.  My thought would be to bring the dealer in on this one.  Have
> the customer, you and the dealer (if he is willing) work out some
> settlement to keep the owner happy.  Perhaps a three-way split.
Absolutely. If the dealer wants to keep the client happy, there ought to
be a compromise situation agreeable to all. Dave, this has happened to
me twice in 10 years. In both cases, the dealership picked up the tuning
cost, which I did at my dealership-reduced rate. Both were new verticals.

>     Don't beat yourself up on this one, we learn every day.
Absolutely,

-Phil Bondi(Fl)