baldwind bridge separation

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue May 23 17:05:23 MDT 2006

Farrell wrote:
> I thought Baldwin was using vertically laminated bridges with no bridge
> cap. Or is that only on their grands?

That's just the grands. The verticals (all?) have about a
10-12mm cap - cross grain to the root, and used to compression
crown the bridges. They didn't seem able to control the
thickness of the components, so bridge height, thus bearing,
could be anywhere.

> I'd recommend
> taking a very close look to see what is going on.

Likewise, including whether Baldwin built it, or it's Korean.
Ron N