Bridge Cap Thickness was RE: baldwind bridge separation

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed May 24 23:11:24 MDT 2006

> Speaking of bridge caps, is there a maximum advisable thickness for any
> particular reason?  With a laminated cap I don't suppose it matters, but
> what about a non laminated cap?

I don't suppose it much matters there either.

>One thought occurs to me which is whether
> or not it is necessary for the bridge pins to penetrate through the cap and
> into the root?
>
> David Love

I don't see why it would be necessary. All the good stuff
happens at the cap surface. as long as the pin is long enough
to not put extreme leverage stress on the pin at the cap
surface, there's no need for the pin to go into the root, or
be over 3/4 inch long, or bottom out in the hole, etc.
Ron N