Need to find someone who can repair a broken plate

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu May 25 09:55:34 MDT 2006

Chris
  look up Loch-n-stich. com............   Don't weld!!!!!!!  I have much
experience with this  method.   Wrote privately if you wish.

 Dale Erwin

Hi,

I have an irreplaceable upright piano that my whole family  thinks the
world of, about 10 years old, now suffering from a broken  plate. I have
been looking into ways of getting it fixed locally (Japan)  but have not
been having much success and (despite the expense of  shipping) I am
beginning to think it might be best to ship either just the  plate or the
entire piano to the USA to have a qualified person effect a  repair. I am
aware that it is difficult to guarantee the long-term (or  even the
short-term) success of such a repair, but in this case I think it  would
be a shame to junk the piano without first trying to repair it. Here  are
some pics of the  break:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7940/u122crk12xk.jpg
http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/9695/u122crk20xq.jpg
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/7716/u122crk39gz.jpg
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/7716/u122crk39gz.jpg
Any  help that folks on the list might be able to give me would be
GREATLY  appreciated.

THANKS!

Chris  Witmer
Tokyo

Dale Erwin--Piano Restorations
4721 Parker  Rd.
Modesto, Calif. 95357
Shop 209-577-8397
cell  209-985-0990
Web site _http://www.Erwinspiano.com_ (http://www.erwinspiano.com/)
Specializing in the Restoration, Service & Sales  of
Steinway & Sons, Mason & Hamlin, & other fine  pianos