Need to find someone who can repair a broken plate

Christopher Witmer cdwitmer at spamcop.net
Thu May 25 17:07:04 MDT 2006

Alan Barnard wrote:

 > how did you edit the pictures with
 > the cool spotlight effect?

Sorry, I don't know how that effect was done -- a friend did it for me.

 > what kind of piano is this and why does it have so much value

This is a very special, rare upright piano (fewer than 100 were built)
with a sound and action that could easily be mistaken for a high-quality
grand piano. In fact, my daughter who studies at a local conservatory of
music says she has never found a piano as fun to play as this one. I
have seven children who are all serious about music and this piano is an
important and irreplaceable part of their education. There is simply not
room in our house for a grand piano -- even a baby grand. (And after
having been "spoiled" on this piano, they would have a hard time being
satisfied with the inferior sound and playability that has characterized
every baby grand we've seen so far.)

 > Are you a piano tech? Working in Japan?

I work in Japan, but am not a piano technician (unless owning a bunch of
books on the subject can be said to qualify me).

Again, thanks for any help folks on this list might be able to give me.

Chris Witmer
Tokyo