Need to find someone who can repair a broken plate

Christopher Witmer cdwitmer at spamcop.net
Thu May 25 09:04:55 MDT 2006

Hi,

I have an irreplaceable upright piano that my whole family thinks the
world of, about 10 years old, now suffering from a broken plate. I have
been looking into ways of getting it fixed locally (Japan) but have not
been having much success and (despite the expense of shipping) I am
beginning to think it might be best to ship either just the plate or the
entire piano to the USA to have a qualified person effect a repair. I am
aware that it is difficult to guarantee the long-term (or even the
short-term) success of such a repair, but in this case I think it would
be a shame to junk the piano without first trying to repair it. Here are
some pics of the break:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7940/u122crk12xk.jpg
http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/9695/u122crk20xq.jpg
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/7716/u122crk39gz.jpg
http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/1556/u122crk43fj.jpg

Any help that folks on the list might be able to give me would be
GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS!

Chris Witmer
Tokyo