stripping question

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Sat May 27 02:08:22 MDT 2006

Loren,
         Like most engineers you are very
thorough in your communication. I understand that
you are using solvents in an attempt to strip
away some previous finish. I mistakenly had the
impression that you somehow knew which finish had
been used and therefor which solvent to use ahead of time. My mistake.
         I wonder, in saving yourself from the
evils of all the various solvents by using your
heat gun, aren't you exposing yourself to toxic smoke/fumes? Which is worse?

best,
Greg

Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté