Need to find someone who can repair a broken plate

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat May 27 09:33:26 MDT 2006

Chris
  This a pretty uncommon occurrance.  Kind  of like plane wrecks..Ok maybe
more frequent but you get the  idea

something unrelated (such delivery time issues, etc.). In any case,  even
if the problem was inherent in the plate from the time of  manufacture, I
am aware that no brand of piano is immune to such problems.  It is just a
sad fact of life when dealing with cast  iron.
  I would ask the Fandrich folks what the string  scale tension is in this
area.  It can be a factor.  Good  folks.
  Dale

But when it happens to one's only piano -- one that the owner  can't
afford to replace -- suddenly harpsichords, fortepianos and other
keyboard instruments that don't go "Bang!" in the middle of night start
to look a lot more appealing!

Chris  Witmer
Tokyo

Dale Erwin--Piano Restorations
4721 Parker  Rd.
Modesto, Calif. 95357
Shop 209-577-8397
cell  209-985-0990
Web site _http://www.Erwinspiano.com_ (http://www.erwinspiano.com/)
Specializing in the Restoration, Service & Sales  of
Steinway & Sons, Mason & Hamlin, & other fine  pianos