loose front rail pins

PIANO2NR at aol.com PIANO2NR at aol.com
Wed Nov 1 16:29:07 MST 2006

In a message dated 11/1/2006 6:21:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
josephspiano at comcast.net writes:
I urge those that use CA on front rail pins to not use the thinnest CA
available. My reasons are as follows:

1) If the pins are so loose that they rotate too readily, then the thin glue
will surely flow clear through to the other side, maybe even getting on the
punchings and felt or up into the key bushings. (Assuming you're looking for an
expedient method, rather than total disassembly)
When I suggested thinnest CA, I meant a drop or two applies around the base
of the pin from the top with the punchings removed.

Randy Mangus
Mangus Piano Service
140 Atkinson Ave.
Wheeling, WV 26003