Warranty Work Question

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Thu Nov 2 10:34:18 MST 2006

Mark,

It usually depends on who asks me to check out the problem.  If it's the store where the piano was purchased, I will bill them.  If it's the manufacturer, it's their baby.  If the manufacturer's willingness to pay for work done is questionable, or if contacting the manufacturer's rep proves impossible, I will bill the customer.

In your case, the implication that another tech may somehow be involved in causing the problem raises questions about whether the customer should be responsible for payment.  Have you seen the piano?

Good luck,

Dave Stahl