Timing is everything...

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 2 14:31:05 MST 2006

Later, a request for scaling gurus....

A long story played out on an internet forum...
http://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9030004433/m/7140053234

This opera guy in California noticed a Steinway square grand that had been
abandoned backstage.... He bids, gets out-bid by someone that just wants the
legs and lyre...

So, he decides to save the body to maybe make a desk or something... He
proceeds to pull off the strings, dumping them.  I read about this two days
BEFORE Joe Garrett lets us know he has a Steinway square grand that had been
in a fire, does anyone need the lyre and legs?..... (the timing was ALMOST
perfect )

Yes, they were a perfect match, and now he wonders how to go about getting
the proper strings?  Years ago, he apprenticed with a tech, but is not
active in the tuning world.  Would anyone be interested in doing a re-scale?
  Let me know, and I'll pass on your email to him!

thanks a bunch

Ron Koval
Chicagoland