Reaming Agraffes

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Thu Nov 2 21:50:45 MST 2006

 Hello Frank,

You point out something I hadn't even considered.  I don't think I'm alone in that, either....

Say I was to decide to take material from the plate.  What tool would I use to do this?  And is it possible to achieve an appropriate degree of precision while doing a field repair in a customer's home?

Whether it's the best way to go about things or not, I feel a bit more comfortable reaming a $1.00 piece of brass than somebody's family heirloom...:-)

 Thanks for the very interesting post,

Dave Stahl