Faux RPT?

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Nov 4 13:15:54 MST 2006

Hi Joe

I agree in principle. But then Hubert made a good point.  And, before
allowing this post to move onto the PTG-L where it actually belongs I'd
like to add that perhaps this kind of thing is all the more reason for
the PTG to move in the direction of more exclusivity.  Since it is
obvious that the title RPT actually does carry some inherent respect,
and since the acoustic piano market is doomed to shrink drastically in
the coming decade(s)... perhaps moving in the direction of requiring
higher levels of skill and accepting smaller numbers of qualified
members with certification backed by national law is worth considering.

Grin.

RicB

    Would the PTG take any action if it were found that an Associate
    Member was
    telling prospective clients that he was an RPT?
    Other than kicking him out of the PTG, which would have little impact on
    his professional life, seems like there wouldn't be much they could do.
    Just curious...

    Tom,
    Call your Regional Vice President! BTW, this sort of post is best
    done on
    the PTG-L list.
    Best Regards,

    Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.