Aftertouch

J W Stein musicnow at frontiernet.net
Sat Nov 4 13:41:42 MST 2006

Hi Folks,

Here is a question regarding regulation of aftertouch when depressing keys.  When regulation actions, I like to break key movement into eighths.  I figure that most normal key depths are 3/8 inches.  Thus, the first 2/8 of movement is smooth..then there is that last 1/8 if aftertouch.  I like to feel the slight hesistion (clicking feel).  However, there are times when that aftertouch feels too spongy regardless of what I do....jack regulations, drop, let off, etc....   About the only thing that seems to help is a slight increase of depth....but why would most keys have the "normal" feel of aftertouch, while a few are unresponsive...?????

Any ideas?

Jon