Pin flexing/bending/twisting

Dave Davis dave at davispiano.com
Mon Nov 6 08:07:48 MST 2006

David & MicS,

When my mechanical engineer client first brought this up, I found myself answering him based on my experiences and the hearsay that abounds in the piano technician world. Thanks to Ron, Ed, MicS :-) and your responses, it confirmed that my theories are correct, but also that we often don't have controlled laboratory studies to prove our educated theories.

Dave Davis RPT

p.s.  sorry to bring up the false beat thing again...heh heh.