wasted CA on grand pinblock

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed Nov 8 07:15:15 MST 2006

I'll echo William's sentiments. The only time I've had glue run down onto
the keybed is when I tried putting on 4 oz. I've never had that happen using
less than 2 oz in 2 passes. Use a hypo oiler. Adjust the amount you put at
each pin so that it takes you 2 passes to get 2/3 of the 2 oz applied. If
one section is super bad (bass, low tenor) then use the rest of the glue in
that section on a third or fourth pass. If you put too much at once you'll
overflow what the hole can soak up and the excess will go somewhere else.

And this is what happens when you put much more than 2 oz on a piano. The
glue will pool on top of the block or run down some seam. There is only so
much the hole will take.

Dean

  _____