Historic Temperment Help

DCrpt at comcast.net DCrpt at comcast.net
Sat Nov 11 13:19:25 MST 2006

           I have recieved a request form Peter Serkin's management that he would like a historic temeperment on his upcoming solo piano recital on Dec. 3rd in the Washington DC area.The venue will be renting one the C+A Steinway Ds that I take care of  for Jordan Kitts Music.They are asking for a "Seven Comma Mean Tone" temperment.I am primarily an aural tuner,but I do use a Reyburn Cybertuner for pitch raises,duo pianos,fatigue,etc.(in other words I am familiar with the use of the machine) I have looked in the the RCT files and can't find a seven comma mean tone temperment.Do any of you historic temperment folks on the list know of this temperment?And if so,could you send me the offsets for each note in the temperment.According to Mr.Serkin's management he has been performing with this temperment throughout the U.S. and tuners have been able to tune it using an Accu-Tuner.Well I am not going to by an Accu-tuner just for this,but I am sure the RCT can be programmed for this temper
ment.
           I  attended  one of Ed Foote's HT classes last summer in Rochester,and I am interested in giving HT a try and hearing the concert.However the venue and my dealer are not crazy about re-tuning one of our best pianos.I have told them it won't be that much different than ET and I should be able to bring it back to a solid normal tuning in one tuning.Am I correct in this?We are planning to charge the venue extra for altering the tuning on this piano.                                                            Robin Olson RPT