Spinet Hammer Butt Springs

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Nov 11 12:53:11 MST 2006

>you'll have to remove the Hammer Rest Rail in the process.
>No bigee there...just bend the opposing rail pivot rod just
>enough to slide the other pivots out of their "bearings".

To me, bending the pivot rod is asking for trouble. I used to
do it that way until I heard about swinging the end action
bracket out of the way, I don't want to risk breaking a pivot rod.

Damper assist springs are installed with the coil slightly off the rail.
Why wouldn't hammer return springs be off the rail as well (twice
mentioned in this thread to install coils flush).
--

Regards,

Jon Page