Bandsaws

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Nov 17 08:32:36 MST 2006

Hi Dale,

I've been using my Laguna LT16HD for several years now with Laguna's Resaw King blades and the Laguna ceramic blade guides. I use the 1-1/4" blade (that's the biggest my machine can use), but they also make a 2" if you get a larger machine. I can resaw 12 inches of maple easily and accurately. That quarter-sawn maple pinblock I sent your way for that S&S B was cut with my saw. I can even resaw a full-width Delignit pinblock perfectly with it.

I have read many instructional articles regarding aligning bandsaw fences - so that the blade cuts straight and doesn't start leading one way or the other during a cut. One thing I really like about my saw is that I have never had to do that. I simply get the fence square with the table and start slicing away and get very straight cuts. If it ever does start leading it is because I have cut a nail or something and damaged the blade - that's not the saw's fault!

Laguana LT16HD bandsaw:
http://www.lagunatools.com/lt16hd.htm

Resaw King blades:
http://www.lagunatools.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=119

(And be aware that although the blades are expensive, they can be resharpened many times.)

Laguna guides:
http://www.lagunatools.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=170

This is the only bandsaw I have ever owned or used, so I can't really say whether it is worth the premium price compared to other brands. What I can say is that it's performance is excellent.

Terry Farrell