End-Butt Joint Via Epoxy

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Nov 19 17:01:54 MST 2006

I think your point is well taken here, but in this particular application, we'll have near-zero stress - and I'll be resawing the wood into 1.5mm-thick laminations - so a dowel or biscuit would miss many laminations anyway. A finger joint would help. But like I say, any minimal bonding for me here will work - all I really need is for it to stick together while I handle it.

My point point was not how to make a proper end-grain butt joint (clearly this is not the way to do it!), but rather how effective epoxy can be in an application where I think most others would fail. Perhaps I did not make that clear!

Terry Farrell