Serial Number Location on Old Chickering Grand?

Rick Bazemore tunericks at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 11:31:44 MST 2006

Where are the serial numbers on the old Chickering grands.  I tuned a 6'2' today with the thick round fluted legs.  I found a number 2435 on the bottom of the keybed and looked it up in Pierce which puts it as being manufactured between 1835-1840.  Surely not.....?

Rick Bazemore, RPT
Social Circle, GA
www.pianosintune.com

Sponsored Link

$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month -   Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out!