Article about bridge agraffes - function, types

Ron Overs sec at overspianos.com.au
Mon Nov 20 12:40:37 MST 2006

Ron N,

Your description of the boundary conditions around the temination
points of the bridge agraffe appear to be very much on the money -
nicely put. The three bp bridge agraffe will likely tend to reduce
the bleed through effect compared to that of the 2bp agraffe.

A noisy back-scale with lots of energy bleed through from the
speaking length might well  be accommodated by tuning the back scale
segments. But in the case of the 2bp agraffes it might be nearly
impossible to quell them when the damper calls for silence.

Ron O.

--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers