Bach temperament - resources

Brad Lehman bpl at umich.edu
Wed Nov 22 13:53:21 MST 2006

Hello,

I've been alerted by a list member that there's a discussion going on
here about my research; glad to hear it!  Here are some of my web pages
of the newest resources about it, from 2006.

Recordings using the Bach temperament:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/larips/recordings.html

Some highlights of that:
- Peter Watchorn's set of WTC book 1 on pedal harpsichord
- Ronald Brautigam playing Beethoven sonatas 4-7 on a McNulty fortepiano
- Richard Egarr's set of Goldberg Variations on harpsichord
- My own two CD sets (harpsichord and organ), various repertoire

Also, my spring 2006 paper "Bach's Art of Temperament", a shorter
version of which appeared in the _BBC Music Magazine_ a few months ago.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/larips/art.html

Downloadable files of the older papers:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/larips/outline.html

Other adventures of people using it on various instruments:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/larips/usage.html

A piece of fiction by Jeffrey Eugenides that was in _The New Yorker_ a
year ago:
http://www.newyorker.com/fiction/content/articles/051010fi_fiction

Pipedreams radio program #0617 from April 2006:
http://pipedreams.publicradio.org/listings/0617/

Enjoy,

Bradley Lehman
http://www.larips.com