Skeptical question

Robin Blankenship tunerdude at comcast.net
Wed Nov 22 13:28:31 MST 2006

Hi List,

Got a call yesterday from a man who had acquired an Emerson grand, about 5'6", and who told me a curious story. Some years earlier, his mother had given him a metal pin, about one inch long and about 3 or 4 millimeters diameter, with plain ends, that she said had come from this same piano. He told me that he had the pin analysed in some fashion and that the pin was gold. I assured him that real gold metal would be of little use in a piano except perhaps for some decorative interest.

Have any of you ever run across such a thing?? Or heard of anything like this?? I am highly skpetical myself as to the authenticity of the story and/or the pin's composition.

Any reponse appreciated.

Thanks,
Robin Blankenship