Stephen...Two Remedies to correct a light action

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Sun Nov 26 11:53:49 MST 2006

Greetings,

         I must admit, back in the days when I was not a piano tech, I took
my upright piano apart and taped nuts to the rear of all the key sticks. That
increased the weight. When I got home from tuning school I removed them,
because I learned that adjusting the spoons can accomplish a heavire touch.. But now
I am trying to find the time to adjust the spoons to make a heavier touch.
Your felt thing is a really good idea!  It sort of does the same thing a spoon
adjustment does only it can be undone easier than readjusting all the spoons.

Julia
Reading, PA

In a message dated 11/16/2006 4:59:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,