measuring ratios/ popsicle puzzle

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Nov 27 09:05:50 MST 2006

HI Clark
  Ric &I both posted something about a long dip &  a long blow distance
indicating a high ratio. ie. 6 mm of hammer movement to 1  of the key.  Changing
part is the single first best oppurtunity  you have to fix the problem.,. Then
proper hammer weight or capstan  move.
   Whent he parts were changed something was  missed.  Either  correct parts,
17mm knuckles, were used &  the hammers were too heavy for the set up or the
shorter "original" dimension  parts were used with too heavy hammers  The give
away to the analysis is  that lead was added to an already heavy key/fw. See
what I mean &  amhik.
  Dale

So, I  would guess that the distance ratios were wrong to start with,
because  there were excessive leads in there from the beginning.  And things
got worse when the parts were replaced, as more leads (that were not  factory
in appearance) were added at that time.  So both distance and  SW/FW
parameters were compromised, Right?  I wish that I had taken  measurements at
the time.  We found someone who liked it, and  subsequently bought it.
I saw in the PTG Leader Letter that a  Stanwood class was going to be
held at the Home Office in the  spring.  I guess this would be a good place
to start, eh?
Clark A.  Sprague, RPT