What problems do "Teflon actions" develop, and how can they be fixed?

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 19:21:57 MST 2006

<<   Assuming that the "wretched" action you're describing is caused by
high downweight and low upweight (the worst of both worlds!), it's either
friction or geometry.   Regulation issues aside, with a '74 L, I'd first
suspect
friction. >>

I dunno,  in a '74 L  I would suspect the wrong combination of capstan
placement and knuckle distance.  That will be a small teflon action with Pratt Read
keys, I think.  Rarely do I find excessively tight pinning in the small teflon
bushings, but I find a lot of short knuckle distances and misplaced rails.
     The high downweight and low upweight sounds like they ran out of room to
put lead in the keys......
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT