Steinway upright verdigree

Jim Johnson jhjpiano at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 29 21:11:52 MST 2006

I have a customer with a turn of the century Steinway upright with a very sluggish action.  There is verdigree in most of the action centers.  I have treated them with engine starter fluid, followed by Protek which usually works on grands, but in this case, there are still quite a few flanges that are still a little slow.  Any suggestions?  (I apologize that I haven't researched to see if this question has already been answered in this forum, but I just joined tonight and I haven't figured out how to use the archives yet.)
Jim