Steinway upright verdigris

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 23:11:32 MST 2006

In a message dated 11/29/2006 8:47:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
davidlovepianos at comcast.net writes:
Perchloroethylene (PERC or dry cleaning fluid) seems to work but it is
considered a highly toxic substance.
I have tried perchlorethylene (and many other solvents) by rinsing, soaking,
blowing, and agitating in an ultrasonic cleaner. The centers
1) get looser
2) never feel right and
3) ALWAYS tighten back up. Sooner or later, but always.

I no longer want to spend the client's money to combine effort with risk, and
just chuck the parts.

from Wikipedia:  In the early 20th century, [perchlorethylene] was the most
effective available treatment for hookworm.  [Mmm, tasty....]

Bob Davis