Call for scaling spreadsheets

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Sun Oct 1 09:42:41 MDT 2006

Grin... So much for the protectionist theory.... Thanks muchly Calin, we
have a couple three already and your's will be a welcome addition !  We
hope to put together something that the whole list can use as a learning
tool, and as a basis for discussion of the subject when relevant posts
come up.

For my part, I have absolutely no fears that this kind of effort will
negatively impact those who make some of their money doing scaling
work.  Actually... my experience tells me that the larger the pool of
fairly well informed techs there are about a subject... the more
activity there is for those who specialize enough in that area to build
up lots of experience.

Cheers
RicB

Hello!

I have an Excel scaling spreadsheet too, with a combined graph to show
tensions, Z factor, inharmonicity etc in one place. I have never used it for
actually rescaling a real piano, just to analyze scales.
If you want it, let me know (private mail).

Calin Tantareanu
http://calin.haos.ro <http://calin.haos.r