Missing Bass String for Krauss Grand Piano

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Sun Oct 1 14:17:50 MDT 2006

At 10:38 am -0400 1/10/06, J W Stein wrote:

>I am working on a Krauss Grand Piano, model 158 and discovered a
>missing bass string, #10 ( F#).  Since the string is completely
>missing, I was wondering if anyone out there is familiar with this
>piano and the measurements I can send out to the piano string
>company.  Unfortunately, the piano is quite a distance away and I
>was only able to get a few measurments, which are not sufficient to
>order a duplicate string.

What measurements have you got? For example:

Eye to cover? (or back of hitch-pin to inner bridge-pin)
Speaking length? (or length of cover (whether under tension))
Double-covered or single-covered?

If you have some of these measurements, post them and I'll suggest
the specs you need.

JD