Missing Bass String for Krauss Grand Piano

J W Stein musicnow at frontiernet.net
Sun Oct 1 08:38:24 MDT 2006

Hi Folks,

I am working on a Krauss Grand Piano, model 158 and discovered a missing bass string, #10 ( F#).  Since the string is completely missing, I was wondering if anyone out there is familiar with this piano and the measurements I can send out to the piano string company.  Unfortunately, the piano is quite a distance away and I was only able to get a few measurments, which are not sufficient to order a duplicate string.

I would rather not deal with Universal strings..

I appreciate any advice, suggestions, and help.

Thanks,

Jon Stein