Miltary pitch and other "Broadwood" expert

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Sun Oct 1 14:10:33 MDT 2006

Greetings,

     I think the lady was sold a "bull of goods" by her rebuilder or whatever
he was. I think military pitch was part of that bull, sort of implying that
this tuning wont go out of tune so fast,  as if it was a "heavy duty", official
or "industrial strength" tuning or something. Then again,  perhaps Glenn
Miller had a preferred temperament put on his orchestra's piano and so it was
nicknamned military pitch.. sort of like a local thing. .That would be the only
logical guess I can come up with about "military pitch".

     I think Diane is right. I think this customer may make trouble,
especially if she's been taken by the "Broadwood expert";  very good advice and red
flag stuff.

Julia
Reading. PA