No, its not your tuning--Homer the singing dog

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Thu Oct 5 01:01:51 MDT 2006

Greetings ,

        We had a German Sheperd that did the same thing. We live in the city,
and our Shep howls to fire and police sirens. He also howls if a room full of
people howl. I dont think it is a reflection on your tuning that the Shep
doesnt howl when you tune as opposed to people singing or howling.

     I really think that because this species of dog is so closely related to
the wolf, and wolves are pack animals, that they howl as a result of being
with a group of people (to them, its a pack, I guess)  that sing (or howl, as we
discovered one time) Sheps are extremely intellegent and loyal. Thats why
they are used in search and rescue and police work. (Can you tell its my favorite
breed of dog?) They are pack animals by nature.

JUlia Gottshall
REading, PA
In a message dated 10/2/2006 1:36:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,