Korean Wurly

Allan Gilreath, RPT allan at allangilreath.com
Thu Oct 5 06:16:37 MDT 2006

Rick,

The quick way to tell the manufacturer is to note the model number. A
Wurlitzer grand starting with "G" (as in G411) would be built by Young
Chang. A piano with a "C" (as in C143) model number would be built by
Samick. Either way, once the manufacturer sells the piano to the
distributor, it's their baby. I can't imagine going back to Kawai on a
Boston problem or previously Young Chang, and now the Chinese supplier, on
an Essex. It might be worth giving Thomas Malone at Baldwin/Gibson a call
just to see if they will cover it before moving forward.

Obviously this isn't a moisture problem if you've concentrated heat in this
area and it keeps worsening. There is another problem afoot so examining the
pin and the felt under a hand lens may provide some answers as to the cause.

I hope this helps,

Allan

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT

  _____