Punishment was CA Conference

Alan R. Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 6 12:07:11 MDT 2006

Since you asked, a pun for you!
And (just for fun) we'll rhyme it, too ...

Ode to Supergoo
 ... with apologies to anyone who ever wrote a poem.

Created in Canada, at the U of O,
By a middlin' student, don't you know,
His product was graded and named the same day
When his teacher said, "You get a C, eh."

"But, Sir, it's a glue and so very much more.
I'm sorry you got yourself stuck to that door."
"It's the grade you deserve," the teacher retorted,
"I'm going to insist that you be deported!"

So down to the States, our young man fled,
He met P. Anna Tooner, and soon they were wed.
Thus do we see (no need for a clue),
How techs aquired that wonderful glue.

This is the stuff that saves old pianos,
This wonder from the chemical family cyano's.
So very useful, it's worth a king's ransom ...
Now please help me get free of this &%$#*ed Gulbranssen!

Cyan O'Crylic, known far and wide,
Distant cousin of Cy Anide,
Both have uses, don't you see?
Better living (or not) through chemistry.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO
Joshua 24:15