Envelope/sound

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Sat Oct 7 06:08:02 MDT 2006

In a message dated 10/6/2006 10:27:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sec at overspianos.com.au writes:
the peak of the attack envelope being too far above the ensuing level of
>sustain.
Greeetings,

    Would you describe the sound of the above verbal description? How does
one know where the attack envelope begins and ends? (I have seen a graph of
envelope in the Larry Fine Piano Book)  What do you mean by "ensuing" level of
sustain? I know this sounds like the Spanish Inquizition of 1550, but I am a
rookie at this.

Thanks,
Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA