Business: getting and keeping customers

John Formsma john at formsmapiano.com
Sat Oct 7 09:50:30 MDT 2006

One thing I would like to try, but haven't taken the time to do yet:

Print a paper to update customer info. Give it to the customer when you
arrive and get it back when you leave.

It would have lines for current address, current email & home/work/cell
numbers, service interval preference, what level of piano performance
they want, whether they want you to schedule the next appointment
now/mail a postcard/call/email/whatever. It could easily have space for
them to write the names of their friends with pianos.

This way you can keep your database current, market your services in a
very comfortable, non-salesy way, etc.

Anyone using something like this? Thoughts?

JF