Business: getting and keeping customers

John Formsma john at formsmapiano.com
Sat Oct 7 09:38:05 MDT 2006

Dittos on Sunday night - it's one of the very best times to call.

I've found that calling is ALWAYS better than any other method for
booking appointments. I don't always call, and I haven't been sending
out postcards lately, but calling works better than anything else for
me. I do get a small response from postcards, and it's pretty easy to
send those out to let them be "working" for you while you work other
mehods - phone calls, etc.

I use a script so I don't sound nearly as stupid as normal (it's now
memorized, well-used, and natural sounding <grin>), and one phrase in
it seems to be effective: "Hi, I'm John Formsma the piano tuner. How
are you? Good, I'm calling because your piano is due for its next
tuning. I'm going to be in <their town> on <date> - would you like me
to tune your piano WHILE I'M THERE?"

Seems to work well as I'm in a rural area and people understand I might
not be there again for a few weeks; if you're in the city, maybe you
could modify it to suit your needs.

JF