Dampp-Chaser wattage needed

BRETT GLASS bgpianoman at email.com
Sun Oct 8 03:06:37 MDT 2006

Thanks for the info so far . I too have some grand pianos that I service
that are like you say pretty much out side . They are at Restaurants that
are open to and right on the ocean . They have string covers and about
150 watts under them . I got on email reply off the list about
recommending the full system out here . I don't think that will ever be
needed here . It's just dry enough that in some cases  (areas & life
styles ) it might be possible at times a piano would be too dry with a
constant 25 watts and then as RH swings high leaving the piano to wet .
If more than 50 watts is normal or some cases even 150 watts then where
in the world would it be a good idea to use 25 or less constant ? Or
maybe I'm wrong about this . It just doesn't make sense .

Brett