Dampp-Chaser wattage needed

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Sun Oct 8 10:12:10 MDT 2006

I'm not aware of anyone who advocates a constant 25 watts.  That was the standard 40 years ago.

I don't understand your statement about the full system not being needed.  The controller manages the wet and dry sides as needed to keep RH within a small range.  The full system always gives the best results (I think that's a safe generalization).

In some cases, humidity is so high that the water tank might not be needed, but in every case, the humidistat should be installed to control the heater rods.

--Cy--