Cold and dry

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Oct 13 07:34:29 MDT 2006

The problem won't be keeping the moisture down but up.  During the winter
where it's cold it will be too dry.  Assuming power and that the cabin will
be kept above freezing, the capacity of the tank will not be adequate to
keep the piano humidified for several months.  I suppose the question is
whether you can install a larger tank.  You might look into fashioning a
larger one out of something which you can temporarily slide underneath the
piano.  You will need to modify the tube which feeds the wicks by
lengthening it so it extends down into the larger tank.  I'd probably talk
to the DC company and see what they say.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com