Cold and dry

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Fri Oct 13 07:09:07 MDT 2006

MessageI run across old pianos, in unheated country churches, they seem to hold their tune reasonably well.
They do have the rust problem though, but who knows how long ago it happened.
I think a heater bar, just to keep the moisture down would be adequate, if the rust problem isn't there yet. If it is already rusty, I wouldn't bother, with anything.
That is, if it is just a mediocre piano anyway.
I would watch which mothballs, I used, as it seems to me the fumes of some are corrosive.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca